Saveetha School Of Law, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences organises it's flagship program of 1st JUS LEX NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY AND JUDGEMENT WRITING COMPETITION, 2018 which was conducted on August 31 to September 2.
Honb'le Justice C. Saravanan and Honb'le (Retd.) Yusuf Ali inaugurated the function.
22 teams from the leading National law Universities from all over the country participated in the competition. Among them Top 4 teams qualified for the semi finals.
Top 2 teams from the semi finals qualified for the finals.
The finals was judged by the three sitting High Court Judges of Madras High Court Justice P.N. Prakash, Justice R. Suresh Kumar and Justice R. Hemalatha. The results was a tie and the Judges declared to share the prize money. Both Alliance school of law and University Institute of legal studies was declared as the winners.
Dr. Deepak Nallaswamy, Director of Academics, SIMATS welcomed the gathering and Dr. Asha Sundaram, Principal, Saveetha School of law, SIMATS delivered the vote of thanks. The winners of other awards are as follows:
1. Best memorial: Sastra School of Law, Sastra Deemed to be University, Thanjavur
2. Beat judgement writer : Lekshmi, GLC Trivandrum
3. Best speaker male: Aishwarya Adlakha, Alliance school of law, Bangalore
3. Best speaker female: Prashansha Shah, Alliance school of law, Bangalore
4. Best witness : Karthik Varun, Saveetha School of law, SIMATS